LCWA is a Michigan Avenue public relations firm dedicated to delivering outstanding client service. Founded in 1985, our company is one of the top independent PR firms in the country.
- Real, tangible commitment to work-life balance
- Stimulating, collaborative and entrepreneurial work environment
- Established, marquee-name national and local accounts
- Individualized career growth and management
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401K and profit sharing
- Performance, salary and bonus reviews every six months
Now Hiring: Account Supervisor/Manager
We are seeking a strong Account Supervisor/Manager with outstanding multitasking and organizational skills, a passion for media relations and a commitment to excellent client service. Must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and 5+ years of experience. Agency background strongly preferred.
This position is currently virtual due to the pandemic, but will be based in Chicago at our Michigan Avenue office when in-person work resumes.
- Working with agency VPs to develop creative plans and provide counsel
- Driving strategic, results-oriented programs
- Creating innovative media pitches and successfully placing stories
- Managing and executing successful social media programs
- Providing thoughtful counsel and day-to-day account oversight as “go-to” client contact
- Training nad leading junior level staff
- BA/BS in Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, Communications, English or other related field
- Solid media relations track record
- Deep social media understanding
- Creative thinking and ideas skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Outstanding organizational skills
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PAID PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERN
We seek smart, energetic Interns to join our team for a paid, 12-week PR internship offering a real learning experience with hands-on account work and ongoing responsibilities. LCWA hires interns on a rolling basis throughout the year.
- Write press releases, pitch letters and marketing materials
- Develop targeted pitch lists and develop relationships with reporters, editors and producers
- Create engaging social media content that speaks to client audiences
- Identify and work with online influencers
- Research and report on client industries, competitors and audiences
- Monitor media coverage and provide reports to teams and clients
- Brainstorm and develop creative solutions to everyday client problems
- BA/BS in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, English, Integrated Marketing or related
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Media pitching experience
- Social media understanding
- An interest in and ongoing curiosity about news of the day
All internships offer the potential to join the LCWA team as a full-time assistant account executive with eventual career growth and a competitive benefits package. The LCWA internship program has kicked off the careers of many great PR professionals—many of whom are still members of our team!
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com.