“Every day, I am faced with something different — fresh topics, new relationships, creative brainstorms — that challenges me to do my work better and smarter. I love that my job keeps me on my toes.”
Deanna is an avid animal lover who has rallied against puppy mills and volunteered at pet adoption events at animal welfare organizations across Chicagoland.
Senior Vice President
Deanna manages strategic program development and day-to-day programming for a variety of consumer accounts. Her ability to build brand awareness through a paid-earned-owned media approach has garnered industry awards and demonstrated proven success for some of today’s top Fortune 500 companies. She prides her work on impeccable client relations, solid attention-to-detail and unyielding persistence.
- Celebrating a “Market on the Rocks” with the launch of Laphroaig 25 Year Old and Ardmore 30 Year Old, two high-end whiskies, prominently positioning both as safe, optimal investments in a then shaky economy.
- Teaming up with celebrity chef Tyler Florence and top food influencers to help Alexia Foods “Reinvent a Classic” French fry flavor.
- Shaking and stirring cocktails alongside George Wendt (a.k.a. “Norm”).
- Managing communications around the Kmart layaway program to make layaway relevant year-round, landing placements with MSNBC’s “Squawk Box,” FOX News, Associated Press, Wall Street Journal, and more.
- Driving awareness and media coverage around major brand milestones including the 100th anniversary of Hershey’s Kisses Chocolates, the filling of Jim Beam Bourbon’s 14 million barrel of bourbon and the release of limited-edition Small Batch Bourbons.
Prior to joining LCWA, Deanna spent more than 16 years at both mid-sized and boutique agencies with a focus on the food and beverage, quick-service restaurant, consumer packaged goods, and home and garden categories. Her strategic eye towards creative event execution and social integration helped clients create and deliver relevant and meaningful campaigns.
Deanna has earned an array of public relations industry honors, including The Publicity Club of Chicago’s Golden and Silver Trumpet awards. She is a member of the Public Relations Society of America and the American Marketing Association.
A native of Wheaton, Illinois, Deanna graduated from the University of Iowa with Bachelor of Arts in liberal arts with majors in journalism and mass communications and communications studies.